Seawall Farm is an early 1800s Maine saltwater farm on the Manset shore leading into Southwest Harbor and Northeast Harbor. A summer meadow with lupines and blueberries extends gracefully from the home to the shore. The beach is rocky, not a swimming beach, and farm windows have a spectacular view of the Cranberry Islands, bold Cadillac Mountain in Bar Harbor and through to Schoodic Point in the distance.
Perfect for a big family summer gathering, this nostalgic place offers 4 bedrooms, each with its own bath. A 50s kitchen, adjacent dining room, wicker filled sunroom, and on the other side of the kitchen a ragtime piano room for relaxation are features of this house. Additionally, there is a more formal living room, and a fireplaced tavern room with its own hammered copper sink, Jennair Range, and under-counter refrigerations and ice maker. There are 5 fireplaces including one in the master bedroom. Just a mile from the spectacular Seawall of Acadia National Park and nearby Bass Harbor Lighthouse, there are several dining places and lobster buying in both Bass Harbor and Southwest Harbor, some nearby grocery markets, plus a sizable marina “Head of the Harbor” with boat slips and moorings at Southwest. A totally charming experience “away from it all” is what you will find in this part of Maine, which is about a 4 hour drive north of Portland, and 2 hours north of Camden/Rockland, and an hour and a half from Bangor. All the joys of scenic Acadia National Park and its Jordan Pond House eatery are within a few miles, with wonderful shopping in both Northeast Harbor and Bar Harbor.
This place is a great site for an outdoor wedding, with its panoramic waterfront and island dotted views. Additionally, it has served as a honeymoon home.
- 1800s Maine saltwater farmhouse
- 4 bedrooms, sleeps up to 8 and 4 baths
- 4 acres, views of Cranberry Islands & MDI Mountains, summer meadow with lupines and blueberries, 5 fireplaces and 50s kitchen
- Close to Acadia National Park
- 2013/14 Winter: October 19 - April 26: $700/month plus utilities (Security deposit: $3,000 / Utilities deposit: $2,000 / Cleaning fee: $250 / Pet deposit upon pet approval)
- 2014 Spring: April 26 - June 21: $2800/week (Security deposit: $2,000 / Cleaning fee: $250 / No pets)
- 2014 Summer: June 21 - Sept 1: $3800/week (Security deposit: $2,000 / Cleaning fee: $100 / No pets)
- 2014 Fall: Sept 1 - October 18: $3500/week (Security deposit: $2,000 / Cleaning fee: $250 / Pet deposit upon pet approval)
- 2014/15 Winter: October 18 - April 25: $700/month plus utilities (Security deposit: $3,000 / Utilities deposit: $2,000 / Cleaning fee: $250 / Pet deposit upon pet approval)
435 Seawall Rd Southwest Harbor, ME 04679